Friday 6 March 2009

Whats happened on the knitting front?

Not a fat lot of late! Have dallied around with various projects, but can't seem to get going on anything at the moment, although as of today the SANDS blanket is coming on a treat, it's so nice to be able to do a project that is quick, requires minimal brain power, but also gives help to those who need it, I'm giving something back to say 'thanks,' that when my daughter was born all was well, unlike so many people unfortunately. If this blanket brings any amount of comfort to someone, then it's a job well done in my eyes.
I'm making something up for myself as well, but it's still in it's infancy at the moment, and not necessarily going to reach maturity! I got some Elle Escapade in Jungle Trip, variegated greens that stripes up in about 3 greens, with a white patch with green flecks in it, and oh how soft is it?? It's so lovely to knit with! I only got 2 balls though, so may have to beg hubby to take me back to the town where I got it, I went with my friend, but she doesn't go shopping there very often:( Never mind, plenty of other yarn to play with, decided to have a mini sort through some of it that is laying around the living room, well it's quite a sight amassed I must say! And that is only the tip of the iceberg, the rest is loitering (out of sight!!) in storage boxes, though I think there may be a few more bags to go through yet!
Have also had a dalliance with a bit of sewing, in the form of a wee yellow sunflower, which has departed for a new home! Its lovely sewing with felt, because it's so quick! No hemming etc. so will get making up a few more little things and see where the mood takes me!

No comments: