Tuesday 24 February 2009

Sad Day

Had the sad news that one of my favourite bass players/singers died last week, Kelly Groucutt from old ELO, and not so old ELO part2 and The Orchestra. I, and my family, have been lucky enough to see ELO in various incarnations live quite a few times now, the last time being 2008, as a treat for my birthday, the best part being that they were in Peterborough, so only up the road and not a long journey like all the other times! My condolences go to his family and friends, this will see the end of The Orchestra touring, maybe? Maybe they will go on, but it really won't be the same without their driving force, the life and soul of the party, R.I.P. mate! You will be missed.

1 comment:

knitternicky said...

I was a little saddened by the news as well Donna. I've always liked ELO too, can't help it if you are from Shard End Birmingham, where they mostly originate!! I used to have a friend (about 25 years ago) who reckoned her dad was an original member until a falling out over a van! Not sure who replaced him etc lol I have trouble remembering conversations from yesterday never mind from way back then.