Tuesday 16 September 2008

All Seasons Washcloth

Was sorting through my stash yesterday, looking for a specific yarn, when I came across some Rowan All Seasons Cotton that I had got in the John Lewis sale earlier in the year. Hmmmmm, now what can I do with that, I thought. Well, I have been wanting to make a few washcloths for Chritstmas presents, quick and not too expensive, especially if I use yarn that was around 90p a ball instead of how much it should have been, whatever that was now! I have made a cloth in Patons 100% Cotton, but found this a little rough, so this may be better used as a dishcloth. The All Seasons is quick thick, so maybe this would make for a softer more luxurious cloth, and on larger needles be really quick to knit up. This was not so, as I decided to make up a pattern of my own, so cast on some stitches and off I went! Three froggings later, I had the beginning of what could be a good pattern, for this yarn at least, so persevered and ended up with the pink square you can see in my slideshow, OK so its not brilliant, but its all mine! Might just do some really simple ones in stocking stitch with a moss stitch border, plain but quick, and soft! Heaven only knows what they will feel like after having a wash, even softer I hope!

No comments: