Thursday 18 September 2008

Wool shopping again!!

Going to town today to get yet more wool! Hubby will say "What about all that stuff you have in your 5 large storage boxes, not to mention large carrier bags?" To which the reply will be "Yes, thats as maybe, but the wool I am getting today is for more Christmas presents, so will save money as I wont have to buy so many!" The yarn I am getting will be some Stylecraft Aran, which I am using for scarves and hats, and as the balls are 400g and only cost £4.50, they will be realy good value for money presents! I am making my own design for the scarves, just a variation on different ribs, nothing spectacular, I was following a pattern but kept on having to frog it, was an easy pattern as well, but I just kept going wrong on it, so gave it up as a bad job! I am also going to get some Sirdar Countrystyle, this is for easy 2 needle socks for Christmas too, like slipper socks but without the bits on the bottom, so no walking on tiles, laminate etc!!
I also did a moss stitch and stocking stitch washcloth last night, using more All Seasons Cotton that I had in my stash, alot of the other stuff I have is for me, got in the sales too, I wouldnt have had it otherwise, so want to do something for me for a change! I also have a pattern for a small bag that is knitted in aran, wouldnt take long so may get one or two of those out of the yarn as well, could always do a variegated one!

No comments: