Tuesday 30 September 2008

Ughhh!

So its 1am Wednesday October 1st, why am I still up?? My girl finally going back to school tomorrow, went to do the highlight of my week tonight, Tescos!!!! What an exciting life I lead! Had tea when we got back, did a few jobs etc, then a full on cold with all the aches and pains came out of nowhere! Caught sight of myself in the bathroom mirror, it's a wonder the flaming thing is still in one piece after that shock, eurghhhh! Look like the living dead! Hope it goes as fast as it arrived, have so much I have to get done, no one else will !
There may be an update later in the day!!
Well, this is later, but the next day now, as its 12.32am! Events took a turn for the worst around 11am, when I thought 'toilet time!'. Experienced a bit of stinging, took no notice, made a mental thought to drink plenty of water. Half an hour later while on the laptop, a horrendous pain shot through my left side, and got progressively worse, so I got the phone and called NHS Direct, they advised to take paracetamol and ibuprofen straight away, and call the doctor if it worsened. Well, it did! Was hopping round the room like a maniac, was too bad to sit down, so paced around as I called the docs. Around 12 noon ish I got a call from the duty doctor, told her how I felt, then she said that the earliest I could be seen was 2pm! I just agreed, hung up and swore loudly! How was I supposed to get there?? Don't drive and hubby at work in London. As luck would have it, my friend was off that day, sick herself with a viral cold, and she happened to call by, so I begged her to take me to the docs, she owed me one anyway for dog sitting a while ago! The time dragged by until 2pm, got to the surgery, pacing around the waiting room! Luckily there wasn't anyone else in there at that time, they would have thought I was mad! Got called in, explained what was amiss, apparently I looked awful at that point! Had an examination, lots of tummy prodding, and was told I could have renal colic, with there possibly being a stone of whatever size in there, felt more like a boulder to me at that point! Spent a fortune on 2 packs of pills, extra strong ibuprofen and some antibiotics just in case, as blood in my sample! Managed to squeeze a few drops out for testing! On returning to my friends house, I saw the ibuprofen had to be taken with food, I hadn't eaten anything all day, so wasn't feling like eating, but my friend made me eat some toast, so I could have the tablet, vast pink thing that it was! Soon felt a bit better, so went home, hubby having returned from work. About half an hour later, great pain again, and the urge to visit the 'little room' again! A bigger burning, a bigger output, a bit of blood, then that was it! It seemed the tiny bit of grit (as they said it might be) had shifted, and have had no bad pains again all night, plenty of trips to the loo though! If that was a tiny stone, heaven only knows how painful a bigger one would have been, I seriously sympathise with anyone who has had one, you have my utmost respect if it was a bigger one than mine, not that there was anything to see! My intake of water is going to reach new proportions from now, I never want this pain again, I wouldn't wish it on my worstest enemy ever!!!!!!!!! To knit a water bottle carrier, methinks, never forget to drink then!

No comments: