Monday 6 October 2008

Not so Ughh!

Spent from 3.30pm Saturday to 12 lunchtime Sunday lounging in a hospital bed! Had a gallon of dye poured through a vein to see whether I had a kidney stone or not, seems there wasnt, unless it was a very small one, how could something so small cause so much pain?? If not that, then a kidney infection, so am armed with some foul smelling (and tasting) antibiotics, and made the mistake of Googling the name of them, there was a page full of horror stories of how ill they have made people after only one tablet, well so far I have had 5 and am still standing, so either I am made of sterner stuff or the rest of them are wusses! Someone said that they were woozy, but they had taken co-codamol with the pills, I had some of them Saturday morning and laughed at non-funny things! Wooziness to the max! Am having a rest today, going to mooch around at my own pace and try not to sit down too much, and have to drain at least three reservoirs of water a day I think! OK when I am downstairs, but not so good when upstairs, only loo on ground floor!!
Nice to be home and get a good sleep, although laying around on what was a very comfortable bed and knitting when I felt like it was quite enjoyable, made better when the pains subsided! Got a fair few rows of a Christmas scarf knitted, didnt want a pattern that required concentration so asked for the scarf to be brought in, am going to plug away at that today in between drinking water!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh I feel for you,I know what the little blighters are like very painful indeed, and i agree with you the medicine is awful!!!
you should call your scarf, painful memory/scarf stoned lol

Sheila said...

sry forgot to say love your blog!!!

Rosemom said...

Thanks Sheila, it's nice to rant a little sometimes, where no-one might ever see it, but it gets it out in the open!