Monday 20 October 2008

Ribbit!!

Had to frog the scarf I had been making for my sister for Christmas, hadn't done any of it for a while, so picked it up yesterday, did a few rows, and noticed a dropped stitch which had run almost 3 quarters of the way to the bottom! Was very cross! So decided to rip it all back to the start, and find another pattern. I found a nice one on Knitting Pattern Central, its called Latte Scarf, and is coming along nicely, mainly because it is easier that the pattern I was doing before, and isn't so wide! Should get this one done in fairly good time, which is good as I have lots of other things planned for presents, whether I get them done is another thing! My scarf is being knitted in 4 ply, as my sister works in a warehouse office, so it gets a bit cold sometimes, but not cold enough for a really thick scarf like the aran ones I have been doing, so this will be lighter, but still warm! I got the wool on holiday for a bargain £1.99! Will knit up to quite a long scarf too.
Update: Scarf in a ball again, will this flaming yarn knit like it's supposed to??? Am going to make a quick neckwarmer instead, soooooooo fed up of this yarn I may let the cat have it! She will probably look at it and walk away!

No comments: