Thursday 19 February 2009

Knitting, what else is there?!

I am shortly going to continue (again!) with the first of, hopefully, many blankets for premature babies, which will go to 2 local hospitals. I first cast on a blanket on Saturday night, but my sparkly Pony needles decided they didnt like the yarn, and one of them broke in half! Now, I wouldn't mind, but I had only done 5 rows, so it's not as if it was that heavy! I re-cast it on, using bamboo, but the particular yarn of my choice didnt want to move along the needle very well, so frogged it once more! Tonight, I have cast on yet again 109 stitches, on new metal 4mm needles! I have got another pair, but they have a UFO on them (as do quite alot of my needles!). 4mm will always come in handy, so now have 4 pairs, 2 long and 2 short! Which means if I get fed up with one of the many Ufos lurking, I can be really naughty and cast another on!!

No comments: